SATELLITE SELF TEST & BEACON MANAGEMENT OVERVIEW
ACR/ARTEX Promotes 406Test.com
The Only Fully Automated Through-The-Satellite Self Test System Available for 406
Fort Lauderdale—ACR and ARTEX have announced the continued success of 406Test.com,
a subscription-based through-the-satellite self test for all 406 MHz Emergency
Locator Transmitters (ELTs) providing both commercial and private pilots a low cost
alternative that not only complies with FAA annual test requirements but offers
a robust beacon and annual aircraft inspection database.
As opposed to commercial ELT testers that are priced as high as $5,000, those technicians
responsible for maintaining fleets, fixed based operators as well as manufacturers
and individual owners can pay as little as $60 to register for 406Test.com, which
covers a registration fee and one ELT test. There is an additional $30 fee for each
additional ELT tested.
"Because 406Test.com works with satellites, there is no equipment to buy or install,"
said Michael Wilkerson, General Manager for ACR Electronics, Inc.
"Customers can create an account on www.406Test.com
and quickly get started." Wilkerson said unlike other ELT testers, the
406Test.com through-the-satellite system does
not require the ELT being removed from the aircraft and can be completed in as little
as five minutes.
The simple to use 406Test.com system involves:
- Writing down the ELT's unique ID number
- Log into the account and enter the aircraft's information
- Perform a self test of the plane's 406 MHz ELT
- Instantaneously receive confirmation of successful test via SMS text message, as well as PDF certificate automatically sent by email.
- Print the Compliance Certificate
According to Wilkerson, another benefit is the system’s maintenance management
program, which allows users to house all vital aircraft, facility and beacon information
in one easy to use database
- Track which ELT is being used in a particular aircraft
- Receive e-mail reminders when an aircraft's annual inspection is due
- Receive e-mail reminders for battery and registration replacements
- Access ELT certificates from past years
- Perform self testing more efficiently by having all aircraft, inspectors, facilities
and ELTs pre-loaded into the system
The 406Test.com coverage includes North and South American landmasses and most
of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans including Hawaii. Unlike cell phones and
two-way radios, the system utilizes two geosynchronous GEOSAR satellites to
provide dependable coverage.
For more information on the 406Test.com
contact Gabriel Roura at Gabriel.Roura(at)cobham.com or
go to www.406Test.com. ARTEX information
is available at www.acrartex.com